SVT Robotics is a venture-backed startup that’s redefining and accelerating the adoption of robots in logistics and manufacturing. Our universal approach to robotics and automation integration enables companies to rapidly deploy new robot technologies, helping them transform their business and succeed in a changing market.
We’re looking for passionate and talented people who will advance our organization and our mission of innovation.Based in Virginia, SVT Robotics serves customers across the U.S. and Europe. Our company is small and nimble, with a founding team that’s comprised of robotics industry experts. Our investors include some of the top VCs in the country.
We are seeking an ambitious DevOps engineer to help us drive exceptional results throughout our product development and delivery work.
Join the team from the beginning, build awesome products, and help change the robotics industry.
About the job
- Drive exceptional results throughout our build and deployment approach
- Improve and support our tools, infrastructure, and processes that promote rapid and reliable delivery of our software products
- Research and advocate for improving our build and release tool chain
- Support deployment activities of development and production releases including troubleshooting release blockers such as infrastructure, configuration, and code
- If possible, assist development in troubleshooting system and software issues in all environments
- Work closely with development teams to create processes and tools that provide immediate feedback on source changes
- Automate the deployment, configuration, and management of cloud infrastructure and on-premise packages
- Work in Windows and Linux environments setting up Docker applications
- Passion for building things, tinkering, and figuring out how to solve problems
- Experienced, product-focused DevOps engineer with history working across entire SDLC, CI/CD tool sets and cloud environments
- Previous experience working with relational (SQL Server) and non-relational (No SQL) databases and data structures
- Strong coding ability in C#, Python, and Shell (amongst others)
- Strong experience with Windows and Linux systems
- Strong understanding of source code version control systems, Git, Github, and code branching/merging strategies
- Expertise with build and release tools and know how to make them sing
- Solid testing skills and programming fundamentals, and deep knowledge of related libraries and languages
- Experience with DevOps, Continuous Delivery, and related tools such as GitHub, Docker, Ansible (amongst others)
- Particular knowledge of cloud infrastructure architecture, deployment strategies and managed services for AWS and/or Azure
- Advanced understanding of core protocols such as SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, and SSH
- Solid understanding of core networking concepts and IT infrastructure
- Experience with migrating to Docker containers
- Solid understanding of microservices architecture and even enjoy the subject
- Know a thing or two about container orchestration with tools such as Kubernetes
- Competitive salary and compensation structure
- Health benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited, flexible PTO and generous holiday schedule
- Flexible parental leave
- Fun, innovative team and culture
Are you with us?
We’re ready to meet you if you wake up every day eager to get your hands dirty in a high-growth start-up atmosphere.
SVT Robotics is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity on all of our teams. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our team is built on a culture of curiosity and innovation that serves as the foundation of our product. Here you can and will help to create something awesome. Come join our growing family!
Does this job sound like you?
Let us know.